MicroCode Loader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroCode Loader

I've received a number of emails regarding the new UMC loader included with MCSPX. I'm therefore posting here in the hope the information supplied is of some use to people with respect to the new loader. Please note that documentation is supplied with the installation, but here is a summary of features...
    Example

Here is a quick example on how easy it is to build a new loader *.hex file using the builder application, which you can find under "MCLoader\UMC\Build". Just edit 'umcbuild.ini', like this...

; source code files...
    [TEMPLATE]
    PIC16=..\src\16F\umc_loader.asm
    PIC18=..\src\18F\umc_loader.asm

; device name and OSC...
    [MCU]
    Device=18F452
    OSC=20000000

; device configuration settings...
    [CONFIG]
    config OSC = HS
    config PWRT = OFF
    config WDT = OFF
    config LVP = OFF
    config DEBUG = OFF

an then just double click "umcbuild.exe" - your loader file will then be automatically built and assembled.

Hello David,
    Thank you for posting this! Can you tell us where to find documentation on how to use the UMCLoader.exe application? Or is that only an "extension" to MCLoader meaning that whoever is using the open source bootloader firmware must have a license for MCLoader?

What I'm asking is really how (or if) I can use the UMCLoader to update the firmware at a client without him/her having a licence for MCLoader?

Thanks!
    /Henrik.

Comment

> Can you tell us where to find documentation

The MicroCode Loader help file has been modified to reflect some of the changes. However, the links supplied in my previous post will provide most of the information you need.

> What I'm asking is really how (or if) I can use the UMCLoader to
      > update the firmware at a client without him/her having a licence for MCLoader?

No. Your client will either need (a) a full MicroCode Loader license or (b) you or your company will need to purchase a distribution license.

Bothe of these can be found on the Mecanique website - www.mecanique.co.uk

Comment

Hi David,
        Thank you for clarifying.

/Henrik.

Comment

Working...
        X