X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2017G
    started a topic MCS+ Time out

MCS+ Time out

Been PBP user many years. Upgraded to PBP3 four months ago using U2 programmer and all works well in programming chips. Added MCS+ two weeks ago and got it loaded and picked 16F88 since it was a supported chip in MCS+. Tried both MPLABX and Vers 8.92 with no joy. Even uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Simple program with OSC 4 in program. Running ICD compile all works fine. Trying RUN or other commands from tool bar results in time out error. Com1 port OK and checks out in Device manager in Win 10 set up. Tried various Baud rates (in cntrl panel - device manager) to no avail. Any hints where else to look would be appreciated.

• J2017G
    replied
    Using MCS+ with PBP3 and U2 programmer

Originally posted by Charles Leo View Post
    What exactly is the error message? Is it asking you to reset the target?
    Yes and/or time out. Resetting with ME Programmer did not solve issue.

Have you tested the serial connection to make sure the PIC can communicate to the PC?
    Did not realize an external RS232 was needed with U2 programmer.

Thank you Charles. After our discussion I realized the U2 programmer won't allow ICD without an external RS232 connection to the Microchip under development. So rather than building a new interface board having RS-232 and wiring it into the development board, I did order the D Stick that has internal Micro Code Plus interface that will get the programming done with ICD for any device I might use. Then the U2 may be used to load the final program into the chip under development.

Appreciate the help with this issue and I posted this response in case others have the same problems I experienced.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Leo
    replied
    What exactly is the error message? Is it asking you to reset the target?

Have you tested the serial connection to make sure the PIC can communicate to the PC?

Leave a comment:

• J2017G
    replied
    More info

Originally posted by J2017G View Post
    Been PBP user many years. Upgraded to PBP3 four months ago using U2 programmer and all works well in programming chips. Added MCS+ two weeks ago and got it loaded and picked 16F88 since it was a supported chip in MCS+. Tried both MPLABX and Vers 8.92 with no joy. Even uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Simple program with OSC 4 in program. Running ICD compile all works fine. Trying RUN or other commands from tool bar results in time out error. Com1 port OK and checks out in Device manager in Win 10 set up. Tried various Baud rates (in cntrl panel - device manager) to no avail. Any hints where else to look would be appreciated.
    Just noticed additional info at top of screen PBP - PIC18 SUITE 2017.2.17.0 followed by project name. Maybe the wrong PBP18 suite affects RUN ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X