No errors after compile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No errors after compile

I'm not getting any errors when I compile a program purposely filled with errors. I use PBP3.0 and Microcode Studio. The problem MAY be with the latter. Here's some of the stuff I compile that should be flagged as errors:
    crap equ 20

Arraywrite glyph,[$ff,$7f,$80,$00,$80,00, $ff, $7f, $80, $00, $80, $00, $80, $00,$80_
    ,$00, $80, $00, $80, $00, $80, $00, $ff, $7f, $00, $00,$00, $00,$00,$00, $00_
    ,$00, $40, $7f, 00, $00, 00, $00,00, $00,$00, $00, $00, $00,$00, $00,$00, $00, $00_
    ,$00, $00, $00,$00, $00, $ff, $7f, $81, $40, $81, $40,$81, $40, $81, $40,$43, $61_]
    $3e,_ $3f,_
    $00,_ $00,_
    $0
    Notice the "crap equ 20) line. I don't think that's in the code manual...yet a compile ends cleanly with "no errors". What's going on?

I should state that it WAS reporting errors (same code) earlier today...but now it does not. Nothing I know changed. I've tried restarting (MCS) but no difference. This is really weird.

In the bottom left corner of MicroCode Studio, does it say "Success"?
    And does it also show the bytes or words used?
    PBP3 Manual : Microchip Datasheets - 10F, 12F, 16F, 18F
    Never download a PIC datasheet from anywhere but microchip.com

Comment

no errors after compile

In the results box it shows the PicBasic compiler version of 3.0.1.4. and right at the bottom of the window shows the word "Success".

Running the compiler is instantaneous, so there's no processing happening at all.

Comment

Compile problem fixed

I fixed the problem of the compiler not reporting errors. I had to take the drastic action of de-installing all, including all registry entries, then re-installing. Using the same test programs, I now get error reporting.

Before this I had checked all computer logs (nothing), tried many programs. On some programs that I wrote, it would compile and show # of bytes used. On other programs, including samples from Microchip and MeLabs, it would NOT compile and would NOT show the #of bytes. Totally inconsistent.

It would be nice if MCSP or PBP would create log files of all its operations, to allow for troubleshooting.

Comment

So it's just Success with no bytes/words used?

It sounds like PBP is running because it shows in the results window. But MPASM isn't executing or is crashing.

Are you using MicroCode Studio Plus, or the free version?
          If using the PLUS version, try using the free version ... at least for a test.

Try compiling the blink.pbp program in the examples folder, in case something in the program is causing the assembler to barf.

CharlieM had a similar problem HERE.
          He said deleting registry entries and reinstalling helped. But he didn't say what entries to delete.

Comment

Woops, you beat me to it.

Do you know the entries you deleted in the registry?

Comment

No I don't know what entries. I used Advanced System Care to uninstall the application and under the Advanced tab (in ASC) is one to clean the registry of all related entries.

I was using MCSP but when I re-installed and had the option to install one or the other or BOTH, I chose MCSP only. I'm concerned that maybe registry entries or duplicate dlls might confuse the compiler. (probably way out to lunch but I don't want to take chances).

How about MeLabs create a log file for the running of the compiler?

Comment

Working...
              X