MCS compile on Win 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCS compile on Win 8.1

Downloaded the full install and ran it on a new laptop 64 bit Win 8.1 Short "hello world" program and try to compile it says "searching for picbasic folder, please wait"
    What is it looking for?
    Thanks

Make sure you have rebooted after installation.

With PBP3, Microcode Studio doesn't need to search for PBP since a registry entry is made during installation that tells it where PBP is.

Make sure you are using the correct version of Microcode Studio by going to Help > About.
    It should be version 5.0.0.x.

If it's an earlier version, go to the Start Menu and find Microcode Studio (MCSX).
    PBP3 Manual : Microchip Datasheets - 10F, 12F, 16F, 18F
    Never download a PIC datasheet from anywhere but microchip.com

Comment

still

Downloaded and installed version MCS 5.0.0.5 and did the activation window. Now it says it can't compile source directory is read only. That is the D drive, everyone has full access. I'm a system admin on the computer anyway. 64 bit system, with PBP 3.0 and I can see the drive, copy files in and out. I haven't found any sample programs on the disk so I don't know if anything like that compiles but I did just a very basic hello world and it won't compile either. Didn't try any command prompts so I don't know if those would work either.

Comment

oh yeah, one more thing

If I create a file in MCS it saves just fine to the d drive directory.

Comment

Working...
        X