No announcement yet.

Big Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Project list there is the folder Source Files that includes my source blink.pbp. It highlight just fine and opens as expected:
    Yes, that's probably the issue. I created a file IN the source folder of the project tree using the context menu - as the instructions said. I also, after creating it, edited in notepad but still couldn't open/view/edit it in MPLAB. I never tried creating a file externlly and importing it. Weird but I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Thanks for pointing me to the PBPL setting, I don't know how I could miss that. I'm not at the computer where I isntalled MPLABX right now and I'm reluctant to install it on this machine at the moment.

Thanks Ioannis, you give me SOME hope.

/Henrik.

Comment

I find its all ok using mplabx up until I include dt-ints. with dt ints it won't compile .
      I don't seem to be able to write a pgm without using dt ints these days.
      I would be interested to know if I'm doing something wrong

Comment

MPLABX V3 changed the plugin format, so not all older plugins still work.

For PBP, there are two plugins:
        - PBP Tool Chain (which adds the ability to compile)
        - PicBasic Language Syntax (which handles the editor, add files, etc)

The Tool Chain plugin appears to work with MPLABX V2 and V3.
        The Language Syntax plugin only seems to work with MPLABX V2.

If you install the Language Syntax plugin with V3, then the IDE can't open a .pbp file (right-click 'Open' is greyed out). You also can't create a file in the IDE. If you want to use PBP with MPLABX V3.xx, then uninstall the Language Syntax plugin.

Your best bet is to install MPLABX V2.35 (the last one in the V2 series). There both plugins work.

Comment

Hi,
          I disabled the PBP language plugin and restarted MPLABX3.15. Now I could open my previously imported source file. Happy as I was I clicked Build and MPLAB told me my project was empty and that I needed to add files to it....

As I've said before, I'm apparently too stupid to make something like this work :-(

MPLAB 3.15 is now unistalled, will download 2.35 and give that a try.

/Henrik.

Comment

Downloaded v2.35 and I've now finally been able to compile my first program from within MPLABX.

Since, like Richard, DT-Ints is a given part of most of my programs I obviously had to try that and for me there doesn't seem to be any issues as far as building/compiling goes.

I did exactly as with MCSP, that is I copied the DT-Ints files into the project folder* and used the INCLUDE directive within my source file to include the files. I then tried removing the INCLUDE directive and instead add the files to the project using the Add Existing Item in the Project Explorer (or whatever it's called) but then it wouldn't compile any more. Put the INCLUDE directive back but still no go. Had to remove the files from the Project Explorer to be able to compile it. Perhaps that's where you're doing wrong Richard?

* Actually, with MCSP I have DT-Ints files in the PBP3 folder.

Too bad that it's not able to display the amount of used RAM but I can live with that.

I will continue to play with it and see how it works before setting it up on my main machine.

Comment

Glad you made it so far Henrik.

Of course the look and feel of the MCS is much better that the cold MPLAB X IDE, but OK, we can live with it.

Ioannis

Comment

glad your having some success henrik, tried removing the dt int files from project . sill no good . maybe its mpasm that's the issue I'm using ver 5.54

ps I get the same error from mcs/mcsx with " coff " files turned on and dt ints included too
                116 errors
                :\PBP3\DEVICES\PIC18F87J11.PBPINC (338) MSG: ANCON0, and CVRCON should be accessed in alternate memory space
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3459 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z00198)
                C:\PBP3\DEVICES\PIC18F87J11.PBPINC (339) MSG: with names REFOCON_ALT, ODCON1_ALT, ODCON2_ALT, ODCON3_ALT,
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3512 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z00199)
                C:\PBP3\DEVICES\PIC18F87J11.PBPINC (340) MSG: PADCFG1_ALT, MEMCON_ALT, ANCON1_ALT, ANCON0_ALT, and CVRCON_ALT.make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/rc/Documents/PBP3/flash/flash.X'
                make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/rc/Documents/PBP3/flash/flash.X'
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3543 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z0019A)
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3396 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z00197)
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3459 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z00198)
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3512 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z00199)
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3543 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z0019A)
                Error[116] C:\USERS\RC\DOCUMENTS\PBP3\FLASH\FLASH.X\FLASH.ASM 3396 : Address label duplicated or different in second pass (Z00197)
                make[2]: *** [build/default/production/_ext/818124931/flash\.cof] Error -1
                make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
                make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

Comment

just found this
                  http://support.melabs.com/threads/11...ghlight=mplabx

it seems to work

Comment

Too bad that it's not able to display the amount of used RAM but I can live with that
                    That's not the only thing with MPLABX V2.35 and the plugin.

I don't seem to be able to get variables to show up in the debugger watch window. I can run, step, set breakpoints, etc, but I can't view variables.

So far, it seems that MPLAB 8.92 still has the best support.

Comment

Working...
                    X