MPASM support for later devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPASM support for later devices

Currently I do not think MPASMX supports the following devices in MPASMX 4.10 Feb 2018 and IDE 4.20 respectively

PIC16F18424
    PIC16F18425
    PIC16F18444
    PIC16F18445
    PIC16F18455
    PIC16F18456

Does MPLAB-X 5.xx/MPASMX support these parts? Does MPASMX exist in MPLAB-X 5.xx?

I essentially need support for the PIC16F18445.

MPLABX 4.15 supports all of the mentioned devices.
    Dave Purola,
    N8NTA
    EN82fn

Comment

There is a distinction between MPLABX, MPASMX, and PBP3. Microchip provides MPLABX and MPASMX as part of their IDE. PBP3 is an ME Labs product. PBP3 performs many functions between you writing a line of code and your PIC blinking an LED. The page you see when you work with PBP3 is the MicroStudio IDE. However, there are many behind-the-scenes functions that are performed whenever you click Compile, and Program. Many of these functions are handled with MPASMX (compiler, linker, etc.).

MPLABX & MPASMX are already programmed to work with anything in the Microchip catalog; including Atmel, Sam, and parts that have yet to be released. PBP3 does not cover the latest PIC offerings including the PIC16F184xx parts. In fact, I fell madly in love with the PIC16F18426 so much I took the time to learn how to program in C Using MPLABX. Now I am able to utilize the MPLABX tools like Simulation, Debug, and so forth. This also allows me to work with 16- and 32-bit MCUs. In fact, my current project is using a dsPIC33EP 16-bit Digital Signal Processor.

If you are interested in learning more about using MPLABX, the C programming language, etc, Microchip has online courses (for free) that walk you through lots of stuff from basic to rather high level. Check it out at:

https://microchipdeveloper.com/training-self:start
      Last edited by mpgmike; 11-12-2019, 09:08 AM.
      We can crack this cotton PIC'n thang!

Comment

Working...
      X