Compiling PIC16LF19155 Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling PIC16LF19155 Errors

Just upgraded so I can use some newer PICs (16LF19155 in this case). Wrote just a few entry lines and tried compiling. Got a slew of errors so commented everything but a 'pause'. Here are a few screen shots to see some errors. Using latest PBP3 Gold Pro. Is it that I have to do more setup before I can compile without these types of errors?

What version of mpasm are you using? You would need to have mpasmx 5.74 or later for that chip.

You can get the latest version from https://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-x-ide
    Unfortunately, it's an almost 1GB download just to get the assembler!

Comment

Figured it was something like that. I see mpasm but I don't see version number. Anyway, thank you.

Comment

I see mpasm but I don't see version number
        Run the .exe and it'll open a window showing the version.

Comment

Ok so I indeed had a older version than what is required. So I uninstalled everything and went to setup PBP3. When it reached the section for MicroCode Studio, I get the error 'Delete File Failed; code 5' and can't get past that.

Comment

You don't need to uninstall anything. Try reinstalling it and run the PBP_MPASM_Connector.exe tool located in the MPASM-MPLAB_SETUP folder.

That should let PBP know where you've installed the new version of mpasmx.

Comment

Tumbleweed, can't find the download at that address you gave for Microchip.

Comment

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. There you should find a set of tabs, including "Features, Downloads, Documentation, and Debug Features".
                Select the "Downloads" tab and you should see the download links for MPLABX 5.30 for various OS's

Comment

Got it. Thanks. That was huge. Works. Questions: I had opened it before I reinstalled PBP. So now there are two shortcuts on my desktop for it (because another one was generated installing PBP). I can just trash the first right? Secondly after I installed MPLAB5.3 and finished, it puled up a microchip page for MPLAB Ecosystem,MPLAB Code Configurator and MPLAB-Harmony? Do I need these? Also, Since I had already installed 5.2, did 5.3 incorporate it because I can't see it in the uninstall page.

Comment

I can just trash the first right?
                    You should be able to.

Secondly after I installed MPLAB5.3 and finished, it puled up a microchip page for MPLAB Ecosystem,MPLAB Code Configurator and MPLAB-Harmony? Do I need these? Also, Since I had already installed 5.2, did 5.3 incorporate it because I can't see it in the uninstall page.
                    MPASMX comes along with the basic MPLABX download, so you don't need anything else.

As far as what happened to your existing 5.2 I think that's an option when you install it(???), but I don't recall. Normally I install multiple versions and just uninstall the old ones when I'm happy with it.
                    On my system, "Uninstall MPLABX IDE Vx.x" is found in Start menu | All programs | Microchip | MPLAB X IDE

Comment

Yeah, the only place I can see 5.2 is in File Explorer. 700K worth I'd like to get rid of. 5.3 shows elsewhere with an uninstall option. Wonder if I could trash 5.2 That kind of scares me though.

Comment

If there's no "Uninstall 5.2" entry then it got replaced when you updated to 5.3, so you should be fine removing any of the 5.2 remnants.

If you look in the folder "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\mplab_ide\Cache\dev" you may find folders for older versions too which you can get rid of.
                        Likewise with "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\mplab_ipe\Cache\dev".

You may have to enable "show hidden files and folders" in file explorer to be able to see them.

Comment

Only 5.3 is there so as you said, probably safe to get rid of remnants although the 5.2 installer that has no uninstall says it's around 750K. Can installers be trashed once installed?

Comment

Usually what happens is the uninstall doesn't completely remove everything... once you run mplabx it sets a bunch of local settings so you're probably seeing the files that were modified after the initial install.

If you have 5.3 up and running you can delete all the old leftovers.

Comment

When ever you do an uninstall you "need" to do a scan of the Programs directory an delete any directory's the install has generated to be sure....
                              Dave Purola,
                              N8NTA
                              EN82fn

Comment

Working...
                              X