Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which option is best MPASMX or MPASMWin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which option is best MPASMX or MPASMWin?

Hi I have a question which is better option to compile.

In the ide of mcspx we can choose:
    MPASMX or MPASMWin

What do you recommend?

And another question, the option:
    Use Long Words Compiler for PIC18

You just have to use it by using long words, or activate it is advisable if pic18 is programmed but not long words are used.

Greetings and thank you.

a greeting
    Fran

On a Windows system, MPASMX and MPASMWIN are the same software. Microchip changed the filename when they introduced MPLABX. The selection box in MicroCode Studio allows you to specify the filename according to the version of MPLAB that you installed.

If you installed MPLAB 8.x, use MPASMWIN.

If you installed MPLABX, use MPASMX.

In PBP 3.0.9, the MPASM-MPLAB Connector Utility attempts to set the MicroCode option automatically, based on the version it finds. It is only successful when MicroCode is shut down, though, because it has to write to the MicroCode Studio registry keys.

Microchip stopped adding new devices to MPLAB8/MPASMWIN some time ago, so MPASMX may be required for the newest devices.
    Charles Leo
    ME Labs, Inc.
    http://melabs.com

Comment

ok

OK, Thanks for your reply.

Fran

Comment

Hi, Charles

I just upgraded to 3.1.1 version ...

but can't use any more MPLAB 8.92 ( others MCSP and MPLABX run fine ) ...

I get this :

Code:
        Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\PBP3_1\PBPX.EXE" -n -ampasmwin -k#   -p18F14K22 "Voltsagger2.bas" PICBASIC PRO(TM) Compiler 3.1.1.4, (c) 1997, 2018 ME Labs, Inc. All Rights Reserved. C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PBP3_1\DEVICES\PIC18F14K22.PBPINC (252) MSG: LONG Variables enabled (PBPL used) ERROR: Unable to execute mpasmwin.Halting build on first failure as requested. BUILD FAILED: Sun Mar 18 19:04:19 2018
        what did I miss ???

Alain

Comment

You may need to run the MPASM-MPLAB Setup again to identify the folder where MPASMWIN resides. If there was a "mpasmx" folder on the computer when you installed, the installer may have assumed that you wanted to use MPASMX, but MPLAB 8.92 predates it and doesn't know how to call it through PBP.

Start > [all programs] > PBP 3.1 from ME Labs > MPASM-MPLAB Setup

Select the "MPASM Suite" folder in the MPLAB 8 installation.
          Charles Leo
          ME Labs, Inc.
          http://melabs.com

Comment

Hello Charles

Thank you for the tip.

Everything works fine now.

Regards
            Alain

Comment

Working...
            X