redefining symbol that cannot be redefined

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redefining symbol that cannot be redefined

Using PIC16F18345 and MPLABX V3.5 (MPASMX assembler), on compile gives several ASM error messages: " Duplicate label ("xx" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)", all related to EEPROM addressing. I've been through the INC files - nothing obvious here, but then I'm not sure what to look for. This is one of the problematic defines in the genreated ASM file: #define EEADR NVMADR.
    Note sure where to go from here, except to desert PicBasic, bite the bullet & wrestle with "C" instead.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

try turning " generate coff " off in the compiler options its useless past mplabx 2.xx for debugging in mplabx anyway, infact I have very little success using mplabx past ver 2.35 with pbp3 at all

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
      try turning " generate coff " off in the compiler options its useless past mplabx 2.xx for debugging in mplabx anyway, infact I have very little success using mplabx past ver 2.35 with pbp3 at all
      Thanks for the response, "generate coff" was off anyway, but your comment prompted me to try the earlier version of mpasmx.exe that comes with MPLAB IDE v8.92. Now it compiles without errors.

Comment

Hi, I am using PIC16F18345 and having the problem with Microcode Studio IDE which showing the message as below :

[ASM ERROR]16F18345 SINGLE PUMP.ASM (14) : Duplicate label ("EEDAATL" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)
        [ASM ERROR]16F18345 SINGLE PUMP.ASM (14) : Duplicate label ("EEDADRL" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)
        [ASM ERROR]16F18345 SINGLE PUMP.ASM (14) : Duplicate label ("EEDDATH" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)
        [ASM ERROR]16F18345 SINGLE PUMP.ASM (14) : Duplicate label ("EEDADRH" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)
        [ASM ERROR]16F18345 SINGLE PUMP.ASM (14) : Duplicate label ("EEDCON1" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)
        [ASM ERROR]16F18345 SINGLE PUMP.ASM (14) : Duplicate label ("EEDCON2" or redefining symbol that cannot be redefined)

Unable to compile succesfully at at....

Anyone got any idea to solve this problem? Thanks

Comment

I think Microchip decided to add extra aliases to their assembly header file. Problem is, I previously added those same aliases to the PBP include file.

There's a beta version of PBP that is being tested and discussed in another thread. I believe I fixed the problem there:
          http://pbp3.com/downloads/PBP3_309_with_K40_Setup.exe

If that doesn't fix it, let me know.

You could also edit the file in the PBP installation folder: DEVICES\PIC16F18345.PBPINC

Find the lines that alias the problem SFRs and comment them with a semicolon.
          Charles Leo
          ME Labs, Inc.
          http://melabs.com

Comment

pbpinc edit

Thanks for the response - it does compile OK with the pbpinc file edit that you have suggested.

Comment

Hi Charles Leo,

I am new in this forum, thanks for the great helping hands, I get my stuffs solve!

Sincerely,

BitsStream

Comment

Working...
              X