Pic16f18426

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic16f18426

Lately Microchip has been releasing a new 8-bit processor at least once, if not several times per year. I'm working on a 1-off project (bench power supply for my electronics work area) where high resolution ADC is a big help. Using the parametric search on Microchip.com, the only 14-pin PIC with 12-bit ADC is the PIC16F18424_5_6. Without hesitation I ordered a couple. After the initial bliss wore down I checked the PBP listing only to find this selection was too new to be covered. Since this project (and hence the purpose for this PIC) is a personal and not professional project, I have the luxury of time to work out programming.

With all that said, I was wondering if there was an update in the works to include the newer PIC offerings, and ETA. Plan B is learn C programming. Plan C is make it work with ASM. Regardless of which Plan I execute, it's all good. (Maybe I should call ASM "Plan B" and learn to program in C my "Plan C" just so I don't get confused?!?)
    We can crack this cotton PIC'n thang!

I can probably get an update out in the next few weekends. I'll download the SDK and see if there are any surprises.
    Charles Leo
    ME Labs, Inc.
    http://melabs.com

Comment

I think there are a few new PIC16Fs. I just happened to latch on to this one. You might do an inventory check while you're there. And thank you for your efforts.
      We can crack this cotton PIC'n thang!

Comment

Working...
      X