PBP3 Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBP3 Activation

I have installed on my 2nd laptop a new Win 7-64b operating system (not an update over old Vista 32...) so I suppose that I lost my PBP3 compiler.

After re-installing the compiler, can I activate it, just like that?

Did I had to de-activate first?

Ioannis

Hi Ioannis,

It's best if you can deactivate an installation before something like that, but sometime's you can't due to a computer crash or other problems.

You should be OK to just activate the new installation, but if it happens too many times you may run out of the allotted activations.
    If you do reach the limit, just contact us and we can reset your key or issue a new one if necessary.
    PBP3 Manual : Microchip Datasheets - 10F, 12F, 16F, 18F
    Never download a PIC datasheet from anywhere but microchip.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darrel Taylor View Post
      If you do reach the limit, just contact us and we can reset your key or issue a new one if necessary.
      Comments like that make me certain that I made a wise choice in my selection of a compiler. Customer support is priceless.
      Gary - W4GNS
      MicroCode Studio Plus 5.0.0.3 MCSPX
      PBP 3.0 Gold Edition 3.0.6.4

Tickled Speechless using PBP 3.0

Comment

Thank you Darrel.

No problem with the new installation.

Sure I had to de-activate first but ... forgot it. Was anxious to setup the new OS.

Ioannis

Comment

Great!

I think you'll like Win7-64.
          It's by far the best and most stable version of Windows I've ever had.

And I think you installed it the right way. (Fresh Install)
          Upgrading from previous versions seems to leave some garbage.

Don't forget to throw a few more Gig of RAM in your machine. (It's 64-bit now).
          8 Gig is wonderful in mine.
          PBP3 Manual : Microchip Datasheets - 10F, 12F, 16F, 18F
          Never download a PIC datasheet from anywhere but microchip.com

Comment

Thanks Darrel.

On my office it is now 8GB Ram. On the Laptop it is 4GB and I do not think that will increase it. It would be better to replace the good momentus xt harddisk with an SSD.

Maybe later.

Besides the problem with USB3 chipset on the office machine that gave BSOD until new update, yes I agree, it is a much better OS.

Ioannis

Comment

Working...
            X