No announcement yet.

Use of Flags command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Richard it's just my strange logic to do it like that.
    The LCD control S2 can put up 3 screens or other signals to the Pic as needed.
    That was the logic. Because as we all know it's never really finished is it?

mpgmike has suggested it could be a timing problem.
    Thanks but there is an averaging routine for the ADC inputs in the loop.
    That adds about 1.5 seconds to the updates.

As I said it all works a treat - except for that pesky temp line going south with Flags on.

Another solution is to just turn down the back light if you don't want the screen on.
    But now just interested in why.

Obviously you have been doing this for a long time as I have.
    Also in OZ -4552.

tks again
    Dave

Comment

one could die of old age suggesting random hypothetical causes only to learn later that that's not actually the problem.

without the whole story its all guesswork , can't see much point in that.
      best bet for a solution
      post the code you have tried , rather than posting the complete project you can just
      post the simplest compliable program that shows the problem.
      code snippets generally don't cut it , we need to see the config settings,osc speed
      var declarations , port settings etc....
      its your call

Comment

1. 'compliable program that shows the problem.'
        Do you mean compilable?

2. we need to see the config settings,
        Who are 'we' ? thought you were are forum member.

tks Dave

Comment

I am just a forum member but not the only one ,there are many knowledgeable members i'm sure looking at this
          who would enjoy looking at this issue. problem is there is nothing to work on. so far just snippets and speculation.

imho its highly unlikely that the pb3 lcd commands and the proper use of the flags var is at issue here.
          if there is an issue then everyone can benefit from that knowledge and a workaround or solution developed .
          if there is an issue then it's repeatable and testable

Do you mean compilable?
          ah yes [never could spell or type]

Comment

I'm still watching (lurking?, peeping?) and also curious to see a complete program. I want to see exactly what your code does, and also what it doesn't do. Assumption is anathema to debugging.
            Charles Leo
            ME Labs, Inc.
            http://melabs.com

Comment

Thanks Charles.

Spent some time cleaning up the complete code to post but it exceeded the 10,000 limit at 11569.
              Includes the int OSC routine which I think richard wanted and lots of comment to help understand intention.
              If you like can send to you off Forum and agree you can post here what is relevant.

regards Dave.

ps lurking?? surely not.

Comment

I would have preferred the simplest compliable [complete] program that shows the problem
                ie
                using your existing hw but simply showing something that updates each line of the display . [as simple as 4 counters]
                Then it needs to demonstrate that it works properly until the display is power cycled and then show that use of
                flags does not reinitialise display correctly as you assert.
                this would also prove wether the issue has an entirely different cause.
                but if you don't care to do that then simply cut your code in half and post two halves , I sure those interested can stick it back together

Comment

richard thanks for that. Sorry - don't understand much of it.
                  I would have preferred a reply to my request addressed to Charles.
                  A lot more could be said about the contents of your post. You need to read it again tonite maybe?
                  Prefer to converse with Charles - OK?

Dave.

Comment

Send support requests with attached program files to [email protected].
                    Charles Leo
                    ME Labs, Inc.
                    http://melabs.com

Comment

Working...
                    X