No announcement yet.

pbp 3.1.0 - time taken to compile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

placed each pbp into its own directory and the codestudio as well , but checking "about" shows the higher version , even when going to the prev version

Comment

I haven't encountered this behavior when using the "Find Manually" button to select the folder. I suppose you could temporarily rename the folder that holds the later version so that MCS can't find it.

If you're using MCSPX, you could set up MCSX for the older version if you don't need the ICD functions.

If you're comfortable with it, you could delete the Mecanique registry information using regedit. If you do this when MCS is shut down, it will open as if it was newly installed on a virgin computer. You will lose all settings like compiler/programmer setup, default folders, display options, etc., but it will clear any problems that may have accumulated. MCS will restore default entries the next time it runs.

The registry location is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MecaniqueUK\MCS_5000 or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MecaniqueUK\MCSP_5000, depending on whether you're using MCSX or MCSPX.

Charles Leo
      ME Labs, Inc.
      http://melabs.com

Comment

ok Charles , thanks

Comment

yes charles that did work , but as you say it keeps dropping the correct default path for each version , is there a way to make it stick

Comment

setting it manually works for each version , and removing the keys helps little after you start the other version it just over does the keys in both MCS and MCSP the last version started and pointed to manually

Comment

Working...
            X