X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Hellebuyck Demo Version PIC's

Ordered a handful of PIC's supported by this version

Examples are 16F84 and 16F87.

Going to write some snippets of code and get used to PICBasic.

Good luck. I have that same book, ordered those same chips, went to newer versions with internal oscillator and had much better results. I believe my issue was getting the external oscillator functioning. I have a small plastic drawer full of crystals and oscillators bought when playing with those older MCUs. I think my "Hello World" was on a PIC12F675 or something simple like that.
    We can crack this cotton PIC'n thang!

Comment

Mike

'I have a small plastic drawer full of crystals and oscillators'

Have them for an 18F project.

Crystals and capacitors for that.

Will give 16F84 a shot. Use the oscillator. I think that is the 'all in one' in a little 'can'.

Comment

The 16F84 is over 20 years old now and there are much cheaper, much better alternatives.
        I don't know what "Chuck Helebuyck Demo version" is but if the book it comes with suggests using the 16F84 I probaby wouldn't bother using that version at all since I suspet it's based on a very old version of PBP. Instead, just download the free Student Edition (and upgrade later) and use it with any of the following supported PICs: 12F683, 16F688, 16F88, 16F690, 16F886, 16F1937, 18F2550, 18F25J20, 18F25K22

Comment

Henrick

Here is link to Chuck Hellebuyck Demo Version.

http://www.pbp3.com/download_legacy.html

Very hard to find on MELabs website.

I finally googled 'PBP Chuck Hellebuyck Demo Version'.

That got me to Legacy Download page.

Comment

Henrick

Okey Dokey.

Will use the later Student/Experimenter's Edition.

Might start out with 12F683.

Comment

I spoke to Charles about him writing an up-to-date book on the PICs using PBP. He said he thought about it, but where to find the time? Chuck Helolebuyck's book is at least a decade out of date.
              We can crack this cotton PIC'n thang!

Comment

There are two Chuck Hellebuyck books PICBasic and 8 bit projects.

When you use them you just update on your own the dated parts of the book.

Quite usable.

Comment

Working...
                X