Info box does not always open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info box does not always open

Sometimes compiling a program does open a window with compiler version and some info.

Other times, it does the compilation without any result, just the bar indicating Success: etc....

Why does that happen? How can I force the info window to open all times?

Ioannis
    Attached Files

The only compile-time pop-ups that I know of are the MPASM dialog (with green/red progress bar) and the Activation Manager that pops up when PBP is a trial version. The screenshot in your post shows the MCSX status bar, but I'm not sure how that relates. Can you give me any more information?
    Charles Leo
    ME Labs, Inc.
    http://melabs.com

Comment

Hi Charles.

I did not post it correctly. Did not meant window but the box that opens on the lower side of the MCS.

I am pretty sure that I used to see the compiler version in the box after compilation just as the messages are shown in the attached screenshot.
      Now I see only the status bar saying "Success: xxx words used." if everything is OK or messages and error messages accordingly. I'd like to have also the compiler version there.

Ioannis
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ioannis; 05-26-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I don't see that in recent versions. MPLAB and (I think) CodeDesigner do it that way. I don't remember if older versions of Microcode did.
        Charles Leo
        ME Labs, Inc.

Comment

You mean that the box is coming from MPLABX assembler? thought it was MCS info box.

In any case, I am sure I was seeing the compiler version before.

Ioannis

Comment

Wow Ioannis, As Far as I can recollect, I have never seen any compile revision data on the bottom of the MCS or MCSP or MCSPX screen's. The only place I have seen it is when you select the "HELP" and then the "ABOUT" tabs.
            Dave Purola,
            N8NTA
            EN82fn

Comment

Well, it did show this. I do not recall the MCS or compiler version it showed up. I think I have an old version installed and will try to send a screenshot.

This was not consistent though...

Ioannis
              Last edited by Ioannis; 05-29-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I almost felt like an idiot because I could not reproduce on my office computer, what I was very sure I was seeing. And suddenly here it is!

The MPLABX version is 4.05 on this computer.

Ioannis
                Attached Files

Comment

That's new to me. PBP always returns that header, but I thought that Microcode always filtered it. I don't know of any controls for it.
                  Charles Leo
                  ME Labs, Inc.

Comment

On my office desktop PC, it really does filter it! With the same versions of the software except MPLABX.

Ioannis

Comment

Working...
                    X