MT Connect Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MT Connect Protocol

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the MT Connect protocol? It recently came up in a discussion and I know very little about it. I have a board with a PIC 18F6520 processor with an open pair of TX/RX pins available.

I'd like to understand what would be needed hardware and software wise to receive a signal.

Thank you

Hello,
    I don't have any experience with the MT-Connect protocol but looking at it (briefly) it's clear that it's "web-based" so hardware wise you need to put your device "on the net" - one way or another.

Software wise you need a TCP/IP stack, be it in the PIC or in an external device. Then there are clients and servers where a server basically is a "MT-connect enabled" machine or device of some sort on the network and a client typically is a PC which sends requests to a server which then responds with the appropriate data.

Which end is you want to implement, the server/machine/device or the client?

In any case it's not going to be a small task. The protocol is XML based which is both good and bad. It's good because it's basically all human readable which makes it easier to debug. It's bad because it's basically human readable which makes it "large" and "verbose".

Can you elaborate a bit on what it is you want to do? At the very least which end it is you want to implement and what data you want to either "get" (if it's the client) or make available (if it's the server).

/Henrik.

Comment

MT connect protocol demands the most, Protocol is the mean to give high security and also to provide monster all the facilities which are too close for that guy. Never trying to forget protocol because not ever you understand this protocol.

Comment

Working...
      X