Bonehead Questions (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonehead Questions (Part 2)

I've been getting a fairly decent education about Compiler 3.1, but I'm still not able to even download one of the sample programs and compile/run it on the chip that comes with the Lab-X1 experimenter board, the 16F877A. Here is the lineup: PicBasic Pro 3.1, U2 programmer, and Lab-X1 board with a 16F877A. I have a sample Basic program in my files called BLINK.BAS.

I have tried every permutation of trying to compile and run this program on the PIC board with absolutely zero results. I went on the Brit version of this forum to a fellow that said he was going to give step-by-step directions to do just what I wanted to do, but after about three or four steps the fellow launched off into quaternary hyperspace and completely lost me.

Is there anywhere printed plain English step 1, step 2, ... step N for the microcontrollerly challenged?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, I replied to your support email yesterday with an offer to do a TeamViewer remote session. Did you receive my reply?

I can remote into your computer while we're on the phone and get you going while answering questions.

In answer to your question, make sure you are using a blink example that was specifically written for the LABX1 and the 16F877A. In your examples folder (C:\Users\.......\Documents\PBP3\EXAMPLES), find the folder named LABX1-16F877A. All the files within should compile and run on your setup. Start with blinkx.pbp.

If you're compiling and programming without errors, you're almost there. The generic BLINK.BAS outputs on RB0, which has no indicator LED on the LABX1. The LEDs on the X1 are on PORTD.
    Charles Leo
    ME Labs, Inc.
    http://melabs.com

Comment

I was out of the lab most of yesterday helping one of our local pilots with a problem he was having with his aircraft. I just got your email and responded to it. One of the problems we are going to have is that I cannot put anything but my OS on drive C:. Everything that forces an install on C: gets removed to D:, so that is going to be an issue. If you can tell me how to check the BLINK.BAS for the correct version I will locate it. However, I am leaving in about five minutes to teach and won't be back until late this evening (Pacific Daylight time). I also teach Monday and Wednesday mornings. Is there a good time for you outside of these committments?

Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

Working...
      X