Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dos directory / file chrs limit

Hi charles, hope you had a great xmas

i am sure this has been stated some where , but ran into a problem , where it bails on a compile with dos error - file not found error

after a lot of playing about , found that mac file could not be found during a compile -
    using MPASM

the problem appears to be the total chr length of the sub- directory names + name of the file created = > 204,
    appears too long for MASM to process , and a dos - file not found error results

I've run into similar limitations with other aspects of MPASM before, but 204 characters seems especially restrictive for modern systems. Did you test a recent MPASMX version?
    Charles Leo
    ME Labs, Inc.
    http://melabs.com

Comment

5.62 seems to be found by the system atm , i need to use 3.08 pbp for these compiles for the speed , ill take look if a higher version is there

Comment

installed MPLAB-X 5.30 - has MPASMX AT 5.86

problem still seen with file name + directory chr> 200 - compiler error , cant create mac file

Comment

with all projects , its nice to keep them in their own directory , as such 200chrs when you look at a few directories in is not that much now days ,

perhaps someone else can confirm if it just my system that creating this error

use any PBP file that normally you know compiles ok

create a directory path on c:\ with 50chr long name
          then make sub directory under that directory with a name of 50chrs

do this again so that length is 150chrs long
          do another sub directory but at a length of 45chrs , so the total dos path has 195chrs in it

rename that the known working PBP file so that is 5 chrs eg TEST1.php
          move it to the last sub directly made

open the file in MIcrocode Studio from the long directory - try to compile

if it compiles ok without a dos error ,
          make the file name "TEST1_2_3_4_5.pbp

if it still compiles from the long directory then its must be my system , if not please let me know

cheers

sheldon

Comment

did anyone else able to confirm this is a chr limit to the file directory problem for MASM ???

Comment

Working...
            X