Updates Soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates Soon?

I'm writing an article for Nuts & Volts. I wanted to use PBP3, because I like Charles and want to promote his business, but also because ME Labs is an advertiser. I am reminded of another feature I love about the PIC16F18426 -- MFINTOSC. I tried to do the project with a PIC16F18326, but ran into a snag with the lack of MFINTOSC.

That said, should we expect an update for PBP3 anytime soon? I may have to shift to XC8 for the article, as I REALLY NEED that MFINTOSC for the project.
    We can crack this cotton PIC'n thang!

another feature I love about the PIC16F18426 -- MFINTOSC. I tried to do the project with a PIC16F18326, but ran into a snag with the lack of MFINTOSC.
    try as i might i cannot see what you can do with the 18426 MFINTOSC that cannot be done with the 18326 MFINTOSC , the 16f18326 is on my favourite list too
    Click image for larger version

Name:	osc426.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	7914Click image for larger version

Name:	osc326.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	7915

Comment

I agree Richard, It's nothing more than a frequency divider. I have been using the 16F18326's for about 3 years or so and I love it as there are not that many unused pins. Lot's of memory and NCO,CLC.
      Dave Purola,
      N8NTA
      EN82fn

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post

try as i might i cannot see what you can do with the 18426 MFINTOSC that cannot be done with the 18326 MFINTOSC , the 16f18326 is on my favourite list too
        Click image for larger version

Name:	osc426.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	7914Click image for larger version

Name:	osc326.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	7915
        My version of the PIC16F18326 data sheet shows that same (2nd) diagram in the Oscillator section, but where it counts for me, it isn't available.

Comment

i see it now , the ds should say mfintosc to some peripherals [maybe]
          thanks mike

Comment

Here's a preliminary download for PBP version 3.1.3 with support for the PIC16F184xx devices:
            https://pbp3.com/downloads/PBP3_313_Setup.exe

I also published a new version of the ME Labs Programmer software:
            https://melabs.com/support/progsoft.htm

If you could, post after testing. The chips are very similar to the PIC16F19xxx families, so I don't foresee any problems. But it's always nice to get confirmation.
            Charles Leo
            ME Labs, Inc.
            http://melabs.com

Comment

So far I'm able to program a PIC16F18426. The U2 Programmer, however, blinks the light red when I first plug it in. Sometimes it appears normal but when I try to program with it I get a pop-up stating it can't find a port. Unplug and plug again and eventually it works OK. This wasn't an issue before today (installing the new progsoft.htm software). Still testing.

Comment

The blinking red LED means the programmer failed its self test on startup. The firmware for the U2 remained unchanged from the last release. If you moved from a much older version, the new software may have prompted you to update the firmware. Did this happen?

In any case, the software doesn't communicate with the programmer until you click on something. I don't know of a way it can affect the self test on the board.
                Charles Leo
                ME Labs, Inc.
                http://melabs.com

Comment

I did get that prompt and ignored it, as I loaded the new Programmer software from the link you posted in #6. How do I go about getting that undone?

I'm not getting RC1 working. I can shoot out a TX1 manually (TX1REG = $55) and it works, Baud rate and all. I'm monitoring on a PicoScope using the Serial Decoder function. I'm tied to a Nextion touch screen. I may send you the code to try at your end. I'll fight with it for a little bit more before admitting defeat. [I want to make sure the issue isn't because I did something stupid.]

Comment

Any news of an official 3.13 release ???

Alain

Comment

Originally posted by Acetronics View Post
                      Any news of an official 3.13 release ???

Alain
                      May we have to consider PBP as a " dead horse ", now ... ???

too bad ...

Alain

Comment

Well, two things will happen. Either a new shiny and surprising version will be presented and have us all amazed, or an intermediate version will come, sometime too late probably, while things run...

Ioannis

Comment

AND ...

Once more ... no way to update MPLABX to 5.40 if using PBP !!! ( 5.35 was fine ...)

noooooooooooooo more comments, ... just really boring.

Alain

Comment

Originally posted by Ioannis View Post
                            Well, two things will happen. Either a new shiny and surprising version will be presented and have us all amazed, or an intermediate version will come, sometime too late probably, while things run...

Ioannis
                            Hi, Ioannis

just remenber Charles told us a moment ago he would be very busy with a 16 bits devices " pro " Compiler ... and little time to care with PBP ...

or ... " Did I have had a dream " as MLK told once ...

Alain

Comment

1. That is why I do not rush to update unless I really have too!

2. Well, I had that dream too, and frankly I was looking for very anxiously for the next post of MelLabs, that would present the 24F or 32F series! The dream is fading away and I really hope Charles would make the surprise before the final death of the PBP...

Comment

Working...
                              X