Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support for new 18F chips

Quote Originally Posted by sergio_tx View Post
    Hi Charles,
    Can you please confirm if this version has implemented the WRITE and READ commands for 18F27K40? I┤m trying to Write and Read from EEprom without success.
    Thanks,
    SÚrgio
    Yes, as far as I know READ and WRITE are working. I tested briefly on the 18F47K40, but that was before I added the NVMCON1.7 workaround. I will test again when I get time.
    Charles Leo
    ME Labs, Inc.
    http://melabs.com

TMR1_INT works but RX2_INT doesn't. The processor jump somewhere else
    I haven't tried the updated DT-INTs, but the issue could be related to the fact that on the K40 all of the PIR, PIE, and IPR registers aren't located in the access bank anymore... they're in bank 14 so they'd need banksel instructions to access them.

I don't recall seeing this on other chips.

Here's a stab at an updated version of mpgmike's DT-INT for the K40. I added the IPEN fix, changed register accesses to use banksel, and cleaned up the whole K40 device selection code.

It compiles, but I don't have a K40 to test it on...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am struggling to make Pickit 3 work with the IPE environment and program the K40 thing...

I 'll try your fix as soon as I am able to use the Pickit.

Unfortunately I have also another programmer but is obsolete now (Pikprog+ by Elnec) and does not support new chips. Classic, buy our new shiny programmer...!

Ioannis

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis View Post
    I am struggling to make Pickit 3 work with the IPE environment and program the K40 thing...
    If you use the pickit3 with other software you must make sure that the IPE correctly reprograms the PK3.

Remove any target connections and hit 'Connect'
    If you get a 'Connection failed' message keep hitting 'Connect' until it downloads all three sections.
    For me it takes 4 tries...

downloading bootloader...
    downloading RS...
    downloading AP...

Finally you should end up with:
    Target device was not found (could not detect target voltage VDD). You must connect to a target device to use PICkit 3.

Things should work normally after this.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    Here's a stab at an updated version of mpgmike's DT-INT for the K40. I added the IPEN fix, changed register accesses to use banksel, and cleaned up the whole K40 device selection code.

It compiles, but I don't have a K40 to test it on...
    Tested following interrupts:
    • TMR1_INT: OK!
    • RX2_INT: OK!

Will test some more. Thank you tumbleweed!

PBP 3.1 with K40 support has been released. Sign in to the online store to purchase your upgrade key.

http://store.melabs.com/cat/PBPUP.html
    Charles Leo
    ME Labs, Inc.
    http://melabs.com