Thread: Assembler errors while compiling with DT_INTS.BAS

Assembler errors while compiling with DT_INTS.BAS

In my study of interrupt applications I have come across the Darrel Taylor "Instant Interrupts" and have looked at the various examples offered with the Introduction. Naturally I have tried to make the "Hello World" example run on my 16F72 part but have run into compile errors in the assembly stage. It seems two variables are not being found.

It is beyond my ability to reverse engineer "DTS_INTS" to determine the root f the problem. So I am putting out a call to those more familiar with this coding tool.

I am including my program code as modified for the 16F72. I am also including the ".err" file. The "wsave" & "wsave1" variables that the compiler appears to be complaining about was not defined in the example program code so I assume some larger context is missing in the example code. This is all too often the case with examples.

The version of DT_INTS-14.BAS is v.1.10 (8/13/2010)
    The version of ReEnterPBP.bas is v. 3.4 (8/13/2010)

Any thoughts?

DT Int.pbp
    DT Int_ERR.txt

Quote Originally Posted by abecker View Post
    It is beyond my ability to reverse engineer "DTS_INTS" to determine the root f the problem. So I am putting out a call to those more familiar with this coding tool.
    there is no need to reverse engineer it , the solution is in the error message

Error[101] D:\PBP3_PRG\INT EX\DT INT.ASM 271 : ERROR: (wsave variable not found,)
    Error[101] D:\PBP3_PRG\INT EX\DT INT.ASM 237 : ERROR: (" Add:" wsave VAR BYTE $20 SYSTEM)
    Error[101] D:\PBP3_PRG\INT EX\DT INT.ASM 292 : ERROR: (Chip has RAM in BANK1, but wsave1 was not found.)
    Error[101] D:\PBP3_PRG\INT EX\DT INT.ASM 244 : ERROR: (" Add:" wsave1 VAR BYTE $A0 SYSTEM)
    or read the instructions in the dt-ints include file
    Code:

;-- Place a copy of these variables in your Main program -------------------
    ;--   The compiler will tell you which lines to un-comment                --
    ;--   Do Not un-comment these lines                                       --
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wsave   VAR BYTE    $20     SYSTEM      ' location for W if in bank0
    ;wsave   VAR BYTE    $70     SYSTEM      ' alternate save location for W 
                                             ' if using $70, comment wsave1-3

' --- IF any of these three lines cause an error ?? ------------------------
    '       Comment them out to fix the problem ----
    ' -- Which variables are needed, depends on the Chip you are using -- 
    wsave1  VAR BYTE    $A0     SYSTEM      ' location for W if in bank1
    ;wsave2  VAR BYTE    $120    SYSTEM      ' location for W if in bank2
    ;wsave3  VAR BYTE    $1A0    SYSTEM      ' location for W if in bank3
    ' --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Richard.

Little did I know the code was commented out in the DTS_INTS-14.bas source file. I did a little Googling on the error and found the hint on a robotics website. Those robotices guys are ubiquitous bless there little electro-mechanical hearts!

On my own I tried to define wsave and wsave1 on one attempt in bank0 but I was never going to get the whole thing specified right no matter what!

I have yet to burn the .hex and see if it runs.