I can't get the program to run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get the program to run

Hi, My old computer had PBP 3.0 gold, with MicroCode Studio Plus on it. It started to over heat, so I had to replace it with a new computer. On the new computer I purchased a new license for the PBP 3.0 to PBP 3.1 upgrade, and MicroCode Studio Plus 5. The In Circuit Debugger (ICD) buttons turned blue, but only for a minute, then turned gray and will not work. I called up, and was told that it should work because it was a full download. No matter what I did, I could not get the upgrade to work. I then purchased the full PBP 3.1 gold, and installed that. I still can’t get the In Circuit Debugger (ICD) buttons to turned blue and function like the MicroCode Studio Plus is supposed too. I need help.

In MicroCodeStudio, you have to select a target device for which an ICD header file is available (16F887 for example). If such a file is not available for the selected device (16F1512 for example) the buttons will be disabled. The header files are located in the ICD Models folders within the MCSPX installation folder, have a look there for what devices are supported out of the box.

If you want to run the ICD on a device for which a file is not available there's the View->ICD Model Creator menu option to assist you in creating a header file for that particular device. Note that not all devices CAN use the ICD due to lack of hardware USART.

/Henrik.

Comment

Hi. I’m using a PIC18F4685, program size is plus 57K, so that’s not the problem. On my old and new computer I used my email [email protected] to create my Microsoft account. Each time I logged into my old computer, I would have to change the logon password before I could get on. When I went back to my new computer, I would have to change the logon password again to get on.

After I install the PBP 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade on my new computer and rebooted the computer, the ICD buttons on MicroCode Studio Plus 5 were blue and appeared active. But then after a few minutes ICD buttons when grey. I could not get the ICD compiler to work like it was working on my old computer.

I then purchased a new license for the full PBP 3.1 Gold. The problem has not changed. I still can not use the ICD compiler. I need help

Comment

Send Charles an email at [email protected] and see if you can get his attention that way. You deserve to get what you paid for.
        We can crack this cotton PIC'n thang!

Comment

I don't see an ICD model file for the 18F4685 in the default set. Am I missing it?

Did you create one before? It might be a matter of copying it from the old machine.
          Charles Leo
          ME Labs, Inc.
          http://melabs.com

Comment

After I install the PBP 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade on my new computer and rebooted the computer, the ICD buttons on MicroCode Studio Plus 5 were blue and appeared active. But then after a few minutes ICD buttons when grey. I could not get the ICD compiler to work like it was working on my old computer. My Milestone Card

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik Olsson View Post
              In MicroCodeStudio, you have to select a target device for which an ICD header file is available (16F887 for example). If such a file is not available for the selected device (16F1512 for example) the buttons will be disabled. The header files are located in the ICD Models folders within the MCSPX installation folder, have a look there for what devices are supported out of the box.

If you want to run the ICD on a device for which a file is not available there's the View->ICD Model Creator menu option to assist you in creating a header file for that particular device. Note that not all devices CAN use the ICD due to lack of hardware USART.

/Henrik.
              tellthebell
              Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread.
              Last edited by Walter05; 1 week ago.

Comment

Same issue still no fix to this.
                tellpopeyes
                Last edited by Christiansen; 10 minutes ago.

Comment

Working...
                X